- Talk about local produce – Whole Foods is building a greenhouse farm on the roof of its forthcoming Brooklyn store. The store will grow organic produce for the new store and others throughout the city, but some residents are worried it’s a sign of gentrification.
- Here’s an interesting Q&A on Harvard’s sustainability office, which was established in 2008.
- As part of Mary Kay’s Don’t Look Away campaign to end domestic violence, the 2013 Dallas International film festival will feature a Mary Kay pink carpet. The pink carpet event will feature celebrities, information about the mission to and a PSA produced by Mary Kay Inc. on the company’s campaign to end abuse.
- Here are the top 10 CSR pros to follow on Twitter. (This college undergrad somehow didn’t make the list…)
- In partnership with the University of Maryland, Google has developed a tool to help prevent deforestation. The real-time forest monitoring system will synthesize information to help provide information that could lead to better use of forests.
- In case you missed it, here’s a great article on how millennials spur capitalism with a conscience—but it’s got to be about more than marketing and PR.